Saturday, April 20, 2013

A DEER FOR THE ROCK GARDEN


I found the most wonderful old bronze deer at an estate sale!  Isn't she beautiful?  She is about 22 inches tall, mounted on a crappy piece of concrete that works perfectly in my rock garden.  I am especially happy with how my rock garden is shaping up.  I am creating it to look like a stream bed, with a rocky bank.  So far, I have found a funky 10 inch fish made of copper, a bronze mermaid, and I have set up several 'dinosaur egg' agates to look like a turtle nest.  I have been given several lizards over the years, and they are being scattered about the rocks, and nestled in among the hen and chicks that I have nurtured all winter long.  Now to find some more live plants that don't require too much work (I am not blessed with a green thumb) and my rocky stream bed will be complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment