Saturday, June 1, 2013

GARDEN FIGURES GET NEW LIFE

I know, I know...these are cheap resin casts that you can get at a garage sale for a dime...But I loved the subjects!  They were all, yes, ALL a weird beige from being in the sun over time, worn out paint and not well done, even new.  I decided to repaint them for my garden, using really bright and cheerful colors, and make them my own.  The robin became a Scarlet Tanager, and the mushroom house became a bright red Gnome hut.  The turtle I chose to paint like a red ear slider, though from this angle you can't see the red paint that I dotted along his cheek.  I had hubby spray them liberally with polyurethane, and they are now scattered about my garden.  I am keeping an eye out for more of these figurines...such fun to bring them to life again!

No comments:

Post a Comment