Tuesday, February 26, 2013

APPLES WITH ATTITUDE


I love faces with attitude.  This year I made these little apple heads that sit atop my stove and give me a smile and a wink when I cook meals.  The hobby store had the fake apples with styrofoam innards, and they were interesting...I liked their color...but they needed something!  So I took them home with me and carved faces in them like a jack-o-lantern, and then I used porcelain clay to fashion teeth, eyes, and noses.  I let them air dry over night and painted them.  Oh, what attitude they give me! The one on the bottom left is the exact face my children used to give me when I made brussel sprouts! The one on the top is the gritted teeth smile I get when I make MY favorite meal, and not my hubby's.  The face on the bottom right is the determined face I make when I am trying to clean the oven.  I like a home with attitude.  I have faces hidden all over the house...waiting to be discovered!

No comments:

Post a Comment