Monday, February 25, 2013

WOBBLY BEAR MAKES A STATEMENT


My mother infused in me a love of nature, and I am always snatching up figurines of animals (much to the amusement of my hubby, who is considering opening an animal figurine zoo). This bear is old, beat up...the back side of him is chipped and wobbly...but I love him!  The expression in his eyes is wonderfully sweet, slightly confused and perfect for a tiny corner of my home.  I have him perched atop of a slap of petrified wood next to a sweet figure of a fawn.  The 'tree' behind the fawn is a core sample taken back in the 1920's.  The shelf is actually an old arts and crafts project by a child in first year shop class...it is an oak leaf shelf made out of plywood.  I love it, and have a similar one hanging in my guest room that is a maple leaf.  They are both wonderful for getting figurines off of the furniture and up at eye level!

No comments:

Post a Comment