Thursday, May 2, 2013

APPLE PRINTING GREETING CARD


I made these notecards this year.  I am a hopeless romantic, and still believe that a hand written note is so much more loving and personal than email.  A handmade one is even better!  For this one, I got some card stock, sliced an apple in half, poured 3 colors of craft paint into a paper plate, and started stamping.  There were blank spots where the seeds were, and I just drew in the seeds with a black pen.  I cut them out when dry, and edged them with a bit of green paint.  Separately, I used a basic printing program on my computer, and arranged the words...various types of apples...for a 4x5 card.  Using card stock, I printed out several and cut them to the right size.  I found a nice scrapbooking checked print paper and cut rectangles of them out, edged the papers with green ink, and glued them onto the printed cardstock.  Finally, I glued the cut out apples on.  I am pleased with the results, and excited that each one is a little bit different.  Can't wait to try some green pepper prints next!

No comments:

Post a Comment