Monday, March 11, 2013

APPLE PRINT CARD

 
 
I decided to try to make some cheerful cards this week.  This is created from an apple print.  I cut an apple in half, and dabbed the cut edge (after drying the cut edge with a paper towel) with acrylic craft paints. I then pressed the apple onto some heavy cardstock. When the paint was dry, I drew in the apple seeds with a felt tip pen and cut out the shape.  I antiqued the edges with a brown ink stamp pad.  Meanwhile, I printed a basic card out on my computer with just the words of several kinds of apples.  I cut a square of decorative plaid paper, antiqued the edges with the brown ink stamp, and put it all together with double edged tape.  I admit to having some difficulty figuring out how to get the words on the card to go in two different directions (being technically inept with word programs), but a bit of experimenting and learning a few new words helped! I am very pleased with the outcome, and it was so much fun to do the apple stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment