Sunday, March 17, 2013

IRIS FOLDED THANK YOU CARDS

 
I wanted to make some really impressive thank you cards this week, so I did a bit of research and chose iris cards.  I folded a basic 4x5 card from white card stock.  For the Kimono, I cut out a robe shape from the front of the card.  I then folded strips of origami papers in various tiny prints, and taped them on from the back of the cutout shape.  I even threaded a thin ribbon through as a belt!  For the fan, I just cut several rectangles of patterned paper and used double edged tape to secure them for a  background.  I then cut a rectangle of white card stock out, and cut a fan shape out of it.  I cut strips of patterned paper, folded them, and taped them on behind the cutout (there are much better instructions on how to do iris folding online).  I drew a few lines, added a stick on jewel, and had a fan!  This was so much fun, and I literally had paper scattered throughout the house, as the 2 cats had to help me with the process.  The cards came out so pretty, I might even frame them!

No comments:

Post a Comment