Thursday, March 7, 2013

KEEPSAKE FRAME


I had a lot of jewelry left over in my keepsake box from childhood, just junk jewelry, but they meant a lot to me.  I wanted to do something special with them, and came up with this.  The frame is just stretcher bars in 8x10 that I painted dark brown.  After some research, I decided to use epoxy as my glue, and started layering on old mismatched earrings, broaches, seed pearl necklaces, silver chains, and even a few bits of broken pottery, such as the child's teacup my daughter had when she was little.
 Some of the jewelry came from my mother's bits and pieces as well.  Above is a broken piece of an old rice bowl that she used for many years.
 I had some polished stones from childhood, as well as a few seashell necklace bits.
 I threaded a fake pearl necklace throughout the piece to give it continuity, and scattered pearl beads to add to that.


No comments:

Post a Comment